Dear Sir/ Madam,
I take the pleasure to announce that the long awaited Alumni Association has been
registered eventually under the West Bengal Societies Registration Act XXVI of
Association Name: Heritage Institute of Technology Alumni Association
Registration No.: 44829 of 2007-2008
Registration Date: 14th day of May, 2007. (Vide the Certificate of Registration
of Societies) [enclosed as attachment]
It was great to have the Secretary, of Kalyan Bharti Trust (KBT), Shri H. K.
Chaudhary at the institute campus, to whom I managed to pass this information
and he has already thrown light to have an "office" exclusively meant
for the activities of the Alumni Association.
However, besides this important factor of having a permanent office, there are
other issues to be addressed. Few points that I have accumulated from the discussions
with Prof. Paira (Director), Prof. Ray (Principal), Prof. Ray (Registrar), Prof.
B. De (MEC), Mr. P.K. Agarwal (CEO, KBT) and Mr. D. Karmakar (System Administrator,
HIT,K) are placed below:
1. activities in the initial phase
2. form for the alumni batches for membership
3. Design of logo (if any, other than the same HITK logo) and the Common Seal
4. Confirm the date of Alumni Meet formally
5. Opening the Bank Account at PNB, Heritage Counter, Park Circus Branch (preferred)
6. Opening Book of Accounts / Members
7. Assigning duties to the Execomm for the calendar year 2007
8. Mode of payment for the Membership.
9. Developing Portal for the Alumni (HIT has already made a subdomain for the
alumni, we require webspace)
There are few more points which we would come across to develop the alumni
network. A formal meeting of the Heritage Institute of Technology Alumni Association
is therefore called at the Institute campus on 1st day of June, 2007 at 06.30
p.m. Besides, the members of the Executive Committee and the Chief Advisor/
Advisors, I would personally like to invite Mr. Pradeep Agarwal (CEO, KBT) and
Mr. Probir Roy (ED, KBT) to attend the meeting and share their views to give
a shape to the ideas for the activities of the Association.
With warm regards,
Heritage Institute of Technology Alumni Association
[N.B. Besides a scanned copy of the Regn certificate, a copy of this letter
have been attached too.]]